The SAMW25 module brings wireless Internet connectivity to any embedded design. This integrated low-power module offers the ideal solution for designers with no previous 802.11, IP Stack or RF experience seeking to add Wi-Fi connectivity to their products. It provides connectivity to the Internet of Things (IoT) for the vast array of battery-powered devices and applications requiring the integration of wireless-local-network (WLAN) connectivity without compromising on cost and power consumption.
The SAMW25 module is based on the industry-leading WINC1500 Wi-Fi system-on-chip (SoC) and the latest ARM Cortex-M0+ processor technology. This turnkey system provides an integrated software solution with application and security protocols such as transport-layer security (TLS).
- Easy-to-use development kits are available for quick prototyping extensive library of project examples and applications are available via Atmel Studio IDE.
- Out of the box cloud connectivity with cloud agent software from any of the Atmel cloud partners.
- RF Certified modules accelerate time to market by saving certification cost and significant lab approval resources.
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (1×1) for up to 72 Mbps
- Includes a SAMD21 ARM® Cortex®-M0+ for user application
- Integrated PA and T/R switch
- Superior sensitivity and range via advanced PHY signal processing
- Wi-Fi Direct, station mode and SoftAP support
- Supports IEEE 802.11 WEP, WPA
- On-chip memory management engine to reduce host load
- 4 Mbit internal flash memory with OTA firmware upgrade
- Serial host interface SPI or UART
- TCP/IP protocol stack (client/server) sockets applications
- Security protocols; WPA/WPA2 Personal, TLS, and SSL
- Network services; DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP (IPv4), UDP, HTTP, and HTTPS
- WSC (wireless simple configuration) WPS
- Operates without a host in most applications
- Compact footprint: 33.86 x 14.88 mm
- FCC, CE, IC, and TELEC Certified
- RoHS compliant
- IoT applications
- Smart appliances
- Multimedia streaming
- Safety and security
- Home automation
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial automation
- Complete self-contained End Point Certified module including Cortex-M0+ based host MCU; One Stop Shop for MCU, Wi-Fi, Crypto and Module, reduces support time and increases efficiency
- Based on Microchip’s Low Power Wi-Fi SoC, WINC1500B Series; provides years of operation for Internet of Things (IoT) applications Integrated with network stack protocol
- Integrated with Microchip’s CryptoAuthentication™ device supporting ECDH (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman) key agreement; Adds security to prevent physical attacks on the device or logical attacks on data transmitted between the device and the system, critical to every connected Internet of Things (IoT) node
- Cortex-M0+ based host MCU is more power efficient and integrated with a rich set of peripherals including USB and Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC); Powerful MCU with rich set of peripherals means it’s flexible to operate as a host MCU in most IoT applications
- 8-bit internal SPI Flash memory with OTA firmware upgrade; Saves BOM cost for external Flash
|Part Numbers||Specs||Datasheet||Dev Tools|
|ATSAMW25-MR210PB||Certified Module with ATWINC1510B-MU-T and ARM Cortex—M0+ MCU SAMD21G18A||ATSAMW25-XPRO|
|ATSAMW25-MR510PA||Certified Module with ATWINC1510B-MU-T and ARM Cortex—M0+ MCU SAMD21G18A-MU with Crypto device ECC508||ATSAMW25-XPRO|
The SAMW25 Xplained Pro evaluation kit is a wireless hardware platform to evaluate Microchip’s ATSAMW25H18-MR510PB Wi-Fi module which is based on the industry-leading low-power 2.4GHz IEEE ® 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi ATWINC1500 SoC (System on Chip) combined with the ARM® Cortex ® – M0+ ATSAMD21G18A microcontroller. Supported by the Atmel Studio integrated development platform, the kit provides easy access to the features of the ATSAMW25H18-MR510PB Wi-Fi module and explains how to integrate the device in a custom design. The Xplained Pro MCU series evaluation kits include an on-board Embedded Debugger and no external tools are necessary to program or debug the ATSAMW25H18-MR510PB Wi-Fi module. The Xplained Pro extension kit offers additional peripherals to extend the features of the board and ease the development of custom designs.