SmartStart: Flexible, Cost-Effective LTE for M2M Applications
SmartStart from B+B SmartWorx is an industrial-grade, Wi-Fi-capable LTE machine-to-machine (M2M) router that is not only cost-effective, but carrier-agile. The SmartStart LTE Cat.1 and Cat.4 cellular routers connect Ethernet, Wi-Fi, RS-232 and I/O devices to a cellular network.
SmartStart addresses the growing flexibility needs of service providers and OEMs struggling to connect unattended retail terminals and remote devices in third-party locations. It is also applicable for systems migrating to LTE technology needing to connect to legacy devices. In an effort to future-proof applications and protect investments, SmartStart provides fallback to 3G/2G technologies to ensure that connectivity is reliable in areas where LTE is still under development.
Industrial M2M and IoT applications including the following:
- Ethernet lottery machines
- ATM stations
- Kiosk locations
- Gaming terminals
- RS-232 traffic controllers, meters, UPS systems, PLCs and more
- Certified by Verizon and AT&T; supported by most major North American carriers
- Powerful processor enough to handle the full range of LTE communication
- 1x Ethernet 100 Mbps – RJ45, 10/100 Mbps, 1.5kV RMS
- 1x RS232 port – DB9 Female
- Two SIM card holders on the rear side of the router (given DIN holder on back side) – 2 Mini SIMs (2FF)
- 1x I/O – Integrated in 4 way Molex mini connector – Configurable I/O pin on power connector
- 1x Digital Input: 0 to 36 VDC, logic 0: 0 to 0,7 V, logic 1: 1,6 V to 36 V
- 1x Digital Open Collector Output > sinking 200 mA/ 36 V DC
- Input voltage range is from 9 Vdc to 36 Vdc (4-Way Molex moni-fit connector)
- Power consumption with Wi-Fi – Average/Peak/Sleep Mode – 2,7 / 5.5 W / 40 mW
- Current with Wi-Fi/without Wi-Fi – 0.65 A Max/0.55 A Max
- Temperature range with Wi-Fi – Operating/Storage – -25 to +55 °C/-40 to +85 °C
- Temperature range without Wi-Fi – Operating/Storage – -40 to +75 °C/-40 to +85 °C
- Humidity – Operating/Storage (non-condensing) – 0 to 95%/0 to 95%
- Cold Start – -40 °C
- Operating Altitude – 2000 m/70 kPa
- Enclosure Rating – IP30
- LED Indicators – PWR, DAT, WAN, ETH
- 2x ANT connectors, Wi-Fi antenna – *optional – R-SMA connector
- Enclosure Dimensions – 87x30x127mm (150mm including wall month sides) Weight – 187g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n – *optional (AP/STA) 55+ clients supported (-25 to +55 °C)
- Support of IPv6; easy firmware update
- Download our User Modules for specialized functions. Use the router as an AT Modem Emulator, a Modbus RTU/TCP gateway and more.
- Carrier agile: support for all North American carriers on a single device.
- Open Linux SSDK with C,C++, Python and NodeRED support.
- Create multiple software configurations for each router and switch between them at any time.
- Upgrade router configuration and firmware from your central server, allowing for simultaneous mass reconfiguration of every router on the network.
- Use a secure Web interface to configure and manage the SmartStart from remote locations.
- Real-time data encryption and the creation of VPN tunnels using IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP.
- Support for DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, Control by SMS and numerous other functions.
Safe and Secure
- Dual SIM card ports for automatic failover.
- Designed and manufacturers for use in tough environmental conditions.
- Low power consumption mode for solar and battery power applications.
- Extended operational temperature range from -40 to +75 °C.
- 9-39 VDC operation with transient and reverse polarity voltage protection.
- Industrial certifications.
SmartStart is easy to install using SmartWorx HUB™, a full-featured configuration and monitoring tool. Our VPN configuration tool, SmartCluster™, makes it easy to configure multiple routers via the same VPN tunnel.
Device Configuration, Diagnostics & Management Platform
SmartWorx Hub lets you manage all your routers from a single location, wherever you may be. It places configuration, diagnostic and management functions, and a complete view of your installed device population right on your desktop. SmartWorx Hub takes device management to new levels of flexibility and efficiency.
Internal VPN Portal
SmartCluster provides solutions for applications where you need to connect devices connected via local area networks (LAN), and a router, which provides communication with the local area network (LAN), and does not have (cannot have or it is not desirable) a public internet IP address.