The ATWINC3400 Wi-Fi®/Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) combo solution marks the next generation of wireless Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Combining the ease-of-use of BLE and the performance and range of Wi-Fi, the ATWINC3400 provides the ultimate connectivity solution for your next product.
Unlike in other Wi-Fi only devices, the initial Wi-Fi provisioning (i.e. providing network credentials) is done over BLE. This creates a smooth and seamless experience for the end user, allowing them to connect without ever leaving the mobile application. In addition, BLE can facilitate direct communication to local devices (e.g. phone, sensors etc.), while enabling cloud connectivity over Wi-Fi.
The complete integration of connectivity and networking stacks in the ATWINC3400, including Wi-Fi, BLE, TCP/IP & TLS1.2, offloads the host microcontroller (MCU) from unnecessary code and complexity and requires only a single SPI interface.
The ATWINC3400 was extensively tested for interoperability with leading Wi-Fi access points to ensure smooth operation in the field, and the latest firmware (version 1.2.2) includes fixes to recent WPA2 security concerns known as KRACK.
|ATWINC3400-MR210CA122 ||The ATWINC3400-MR210CA is an IEEE 802.11 b/g/n RF/Baseband/Medium Access Control (MAC) network controller module with Bluetooth Low Energy technology that is compliant with Bluetooth version 4.0. This module is optimized for low power and high performance mobile applications. This module features small form factor when integrating Power Amplifier (PA), Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA), Transmit/ Receive (T/R) switch (for Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth), Power Management Unit (PMU), and Chip Antenna. The ATWINC3400-MR210CA module requires a 32.768 kHz clock for Sleep operation. The ATWINC3400-MR210CA module utilizes highly optimized IEEE 802.11 Bluetooth coexistence protocols, and provides Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to interface with the host controller.|
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 20MHz (1×1) solution
- Integrated PA, LNA and T/R Switch
- Superior sensitivity and range via advanced PHY signal processing
- Operating temperature range of -40C to +85C
- Hardware-based coexistence between Wi-Fi and BLE for optimal performance
- On-Chip BLE Stack
- Class 2 transmission and Adaptive Frequency Hopping
- Integrated PA and T/R Switch
- Superior Sensitivity and Range
- Integrated TCP/IP stack to minimize host MCU requirements including support for: TCP, UDP, DHCP, ARP, HTTP, DNS
- TLS/SSL 1.2, royalty free, stack for enhanced security
- Full OTA support for device firmware
- Wi-Fi + BLE add-on for MCU based systems
- Home Automation with seamless Wi-Fi provisioning
- Cloud connected appliances
- Industrial control and automation
- Wi-Fi / BLE gateways
- Complete offload of host MCU from any connectivity and network related stacks.
- Includes full OTA support for internal firmware.
- Includes fully certified (FCC/IC/CE/India/Korea) regulatory certification, as well as Wi-Fi alliance and BT SIG.
- Uses single antenna for both Wi-Fi and BLE with hardware-based coexistence.
- Offers certified modules with chip antenna and u.FL connector options.
- Seamless integration with Microchip’s variety of MCUs, as well as crypto-authentication solutions.
Connectivity board which easily connects to any of Microchip SAM MCU XPRO boards, featuring MCUs ranging from ultra-low power Cortex M0+ to Powerful cortex M7 devices.
Complete evaluation platform including SAMD21 (Cortex M0+ MCU) and ATWINC3400 XPRO boards – for immediate prototyping and development leveraging 20+ examples, including networking functions, BLE profiles and AWS connection.